About Me

My photo
Fashion your life around a garland of good deeds...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A poem for poets

I miss writing poetry. And reading poetry.
I miss being read poetry in bed.
Or being given a poem.
Poetry is dying. And that seems so sad.

So I'm gonna give it a go... 

I feel somewhat down,
I feel a little blue,
I feel like I've lost something precious,
Something comforting I found in you.

I don't know where it's gone,
And I don't know what that means,
I can't help but feel disillusioned and caught up in my dreams.

I want to bring it back,
And show the world what I see so clear.
But it's hard to shine a light on all that darkness and fear.

These days it seems hard to believe in the good and the kind.
And we waste our energy on trivial things that take up all our time.

So simply put here, today...
is a tiny salute to poets then and now.
And poetry for human kind , always and anyhow.

C

No comments: